What are the coating options for business cards, postcards, and brochures?
When it comes to printing business cards, postcards, and brochures, one important consideration is the coating you choose to apply to your materials. Coatings can protect your printed materials and enhance their appearance, but with so many options available, it can be difficult to know which one is best for your specific needs.
Here are some common coating options for business cards, postcards, and brochures:
- Matte coating: Matte coating is a non-reflective finish that absorbs light, resulting in a more muted, subtle appearance. This type of coating is a good choice for projects that require a more understated look, such as business cards for professionals or brochures for educational institutions.
- Gloss coating: Gloss coating is a reflective finish that reflects light, resulting in a more vibrant, glossy appearance. This type of coating is a good choice for projects that require a more eye-catching look, such as promotional postcards or brochures for consumer products.
- Spot UV coating: Spot UV coating is a glossy finish that is applied to specific areas of a printed piece, rather than being applied to the entire surface. This type of coating can be used to highlight specific elements of a design, such as a logo or product image.
- Foil stamping: Foil stamping is a printing process that involves the use of a metallic or holographic foil to create a decorative effect on a printed piece. This type of coating is often used to add a touch of luxury to business cards, brochures, and other printed materials.
- Soft touch coating: Soft touch coating is a matte finish that has a velvety, smooth feel to the touch. This type of coating is often used on business cards and brochures for a premium, high-end look.
- Aqueous coating: Aqueous coating is a clear, water-based coating that is applied to printed materials to protect them and enhance their appearance. It is a popular choice for a variety of printed materials, including business cards, postcards, and brochures. Aqueous coating can be applied in a matte or gloss finish, depending on your preference. It is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, and can improve the durability of your printed materials.
By considering these coating options, you can choose the one that best meets your specific needs and enhances the appearance of your business cards, postcards, and brochures. It’s always a good idea to test out different coating options before committing to a large print run, as this will allow you to see how the different options look and feel, and will help you make an informed decision about which coating is best for your specific needs.